Knots in your upper back can make you SO uncomfortable. It seems that once you have them you are stuck with them. Is this true?
Absolutely “knot”! You can get rid of your muscle knots (or spasms or contractions) naturally.
So how can you get rid of these painful muscle spasms in your upper back?
Here are 5 ways.
1. Figure out what causes your knot. Painful areas between your spine and shoulder blade are often caused by too much reaching or stretching. This causes the muscles in the front of your body to shorten. They pull on your shoulder blade. It pulls on the muscles that go toward your spine and causes a contraction. It’s a vicious cycle!
2. Weak back muscles are much more likely to develop this type of spasm. Strong back muscles can “hold their own” better. (I made a video to show you exactly how to do this so easily–it’s in my Knots In Your Back program.)
3. Correct the positions you use that cause your symptoms. That is part of your education–you have to figure out the cause(s). Be a detective. When do your knots bother you the most?
4. Consider massage therapy but be sure that the therapist understands how bodies actually work. Some do but lots don’t. It may not have been part of their training or mind-set. It doesn’t help to have someone blasting away on your knot for an hour if it CANNOT relax. You will end up with the knot and with bruises, too.
5. Educate yourself so you understand how your body works. Bodies are really logical. That’s why I love them. When you understand the reasons that you hurt, you can take steps to get out of pain naturally.
Your muscles don’t like being knotted up but they need help from their owner (that would be you) to get better.
It doesn’t matter whether you call them knots, muscle spasms or contractions, the fact is they hurt and you CAN get rid of them!
I’m Kathryn Merrow, The Pain Relief Coach, and I look forward to helping you get rid of your upper back pain naturally.